Table of contents
Fields configuration page
Elements Connect datasources definitions can be configured from Connect administration page, in the "Fields" section:
This screen is displayed when there is no field configured. You can create a field from the Elements Connect administration by clicking on the "Create an Elements Connect field" button.
Once a field is created, click on it to configure it.
You'll be shown a temporary screen where you'll have to choose between 3 options:
- Create a default configuration: select this option if you'd like to start your configuration from scratch
- Copy an existing configuration: select this option to start from the configuration of an already configured screen
- Import an external configuration: select this option if you'd like to import a field configuration from another Jira instance or from our examples
Now you can configure your first Elements Connect field!
Available administration options
Once you have at least one Elements Connect field, the fields list provides the following options (available from the cog menu) :
- Clear configuration: removes Elements Connect configuration from the custom field making it unusable by users. Use this option if you want to reset a field anew
- Export: exports and downloads an Elements Connect configuration from the field as a Json file
Did you know
The exported file can then be imported when configuring another unconfigured Elements Connect field by using the "Import from existing configuration" option in the wizard.
Furthermore, we provide a comprehensive catalog that can be used to create common configurations lighting fast!
- Delete field: deletes the custom field and its configuration from Jira (this option is not available if the configuration exists without a corresponding custom field, e.g. from a full Elements Connect restore from another Jira instance without recreation of custom field)
- Screens: opens in a new tab Jira custom fields/screen association page (this option is not available if an imported configuration exists without a corresponding custom field).