In this section, you'll learn how to:
- create your first Connect field
- connect your field to a data source
3/ Create an Elements Connect field connected to a data source (2 min)
1/ Create an Elements Connect field step-by-step
Let's create a Jira project picker listing all the projects available in your local Jira instance:
- Click on the button Create an Elements Connect field
- Select the category 'Snapshot' (learn more about the difference between Snapshot & Live)
- Select the type 'Text'
- Name the field "Project Picker"
- Click on Create. Your field is now created and added in the Fields tab.
2/ Connect the Elements Connect field to the data source step-by-step
- Click on the field name "Project Picker"
- Choose the Default configuration mode for this field.
- Select the data source you want to connect to, here the Jira SQL database
- That's it! You directly access the field configuration interface.
Read more about the different field types in the documentation