Table of contents
Connect Jira to Confluence and create a Space picker.
Can be used in a scenario where Jira is used to manage access requests. With the "Confluence repositories" field, a manager could select to which spaces the access shall be granted to a new developer joining his team.
In this example, we select Spaces from Atlassian's Confluence
Issues view: are displayed the icon, name and description of the selected spaces
You have two options:
- Create an Application link between Jira and Confluence, it will automatically be available in Elements connect as a datasources - see Preconfigured application link datasources
- If you can't / don't want to create an Application link, create a URL datasource to have a direct access to Confluence - see Configure a URL datasource
For our demo, we choose the second option - we created a URL connection to Atlassian's Confluence:
- Download the field configuration: Spaces_export.json
- From Elements Connect administration, create an Elements Connect field of type Live Text
- Click on the field name to configure it and select the third option: "Import an external configuration"
Select "Import an external configuration"
- On the next screen, select the "Confluence" datasource and upload the Spaces_export.json file
Select the Confluence datasource, upload the json file
- Click on "Import"
- That's it!
The field is now configured. You can adapt the query ("URL Path") to your needs, check out the Confluence REST API documentation to discover what you can do with it.
- Click the "Save" button, the field can now be used from an issue.
Field properly configured