Table of contents
What it does
- Field 1: Display the translation of the content of the description field.
- Field 2: Indicates the language in which the description is written.
When a user inputs the issue description in a foreign language, automatically translate it to english to ensure agents understand the request.
How it works
Elements connect fields are connected to the Deepl REST API (paid subscription required).
See this field in action from our demo portal.
Get an API Key
- Create a Deepl account: https://www.deepl.com/pro.html
- From your account, get your Deepl API key: https://www.deepl.com/pro-account.html
Save your API key, you'll use it in your fields configuration
Create the datasource
Create a URL datasource:
- URL: https://api.deepl.com/v2
- Authentication: None
- Content-type: JSON
- Leave the other fields empty
For our example, we have created two fields or type Snapshot Text:
- Detected language - configuration: Deepl_-_Detected_language_export.json
- Translated text - configuration: Deepl_-_Translate_summary_export.json
Don't forget to set your Deepl API key in the field query