Table of contents
The need: Reference Zendesk Support tickets in Jira issues
Can be used in a scenario where Jira is used to manage access requests. With the "Zendesk Support tickets" field, a manager could select to which tickets relate the Jira issue.
This is just an example, the Zendesk Support datasource gives access to plenty of information like Ticket-ID, Subject and Severity. Check Zendesk Support API definition for more information.
Solution: Connect Jira to Zendesk Support and create a ticket picker
We use Elements Connect to connect to Zendesk Support datasource and populate a custom field with a list of all Zendesk Support tickets.
See this field in action from our demo portal
In this example, we list all tickets in Zendesk Support
Configuration guide: how to create a Zendesk ticket picker
Step 1: connect to the datasource
Step 2: create Elements Connect fields
- Download the field configuration: Zendesk_Support_export.json
- From Elements Connect administration, create an Elements Connect field of type Live Text
- Click on the field name to configure it and select the third option: "Import an external configuration"
Select "Import an external configuration"
- Select the "Zendesk Support" datasource created previously
- That's it! The field is now configured. You can adapt the query ("URL Path") to your needs, check out the Zendesk Support REST API documentation to discover what you can do with it.
- Click the "Save" button, the field can now be used from an issue.
Your field is now properly configured