Selecting the "Create and link Issue" option in the "Add a post-function to a transition" page offers the possibility to configure a new issue creation and linking through a post-function thanks to an Elements Copy & Sync operation.
You can add as many operations as you want in your Elements Copy & Sync post-function.
The configuration parameters depends on the type of operation selected.
Local Jira operation
If you select an operation which creates a new local JIRA issue, the following parameters will be available :
- Author: Select the author of the operation. This option is useful when the user that executes the transition does not have the necessary permissions (create and link the issues) in the target project.
- Subtasks: Select whether the Subtasks must be cloned.
- Subtasks filter: If the Subtasks are cloned, then you can enter a JQL filter in order to clone only matching Subtasks.
- Avoid duplicates: Select whether to avoid duplicated issue creation.
Remote Jira operation
If you select an operation which creates a new remote JIRA issue, there are no additional parameters to configure.
To add a configured operation to the list of already added operations, use the "+ Add operation" button.
- In order to use an operation in a post-function, make sure the parameters Project and Issue type in the Target tab of the operation configuration page (see here) are set, otherwise the operation will not be available for the post-function. This makes sense because at the time the post-function is performed (during the transition) the user has no possibility to set a target project, an issue type or a link type, therefore Elements Copy & Sync has to know where and what must be created.
- Before using an operation in a post function, make sure the fields mapping linked to this operation fills all mandatory fields for an issue creation.
We recommend to position your Elements Copy & Sync post function after the "Creates the issue originally" step: