Why do I need this ?
By default, when writing a Confluence page layout for a Confluence page mapping, you can use the status macro to define placeholders for Elements Copy & Sync injectors.
It might not be the perfect solution for all users:
- you might want to have a dedicated macro for this need and only use the status macro for its original need.
- you want to promote the use of Elements Copy & Sync page templates in your company, and having a dedicated user macro is a good way to accomplish this goal
This page explain how to create a Confluence user macro that can be used to define placeholders for Elements Copy & Sync injectors.
How to configure ?
To configure an Elements Copy & Sync user macro in Confluence:
- You need the administrator rights in Confluence
- Go to the User Macros configuration page
- Click on Create a User Macro
User Macros screen
- Configure the User macro:
Something relevant to your user, we use elements-copy-sync-placeholder
Make it visible to all users
Name of the macro in the macro browser
Macro Body Processing
No macro body - It is important to use this value, otherwise it won't work
You can define your own layout, but it is mandatory to have the @param variable in the comments. Here is an example:
We use the AUI lozenge component provide by AUI. You can use any CSS element provided by this library.
- Click on Save
That's it, the user macro is available to all your Confluence users and can be used to create injector placeholders thanks to the Velocity variables.