You can perform several actions with Elements Copy & Sync on your remote Jira instances and your remote Confluence.
|Remote instance||Available actions|
|Remote JIRA instance|
Create and link issues
How to do it
Before you can achieve these actions, you have to configure access to your remote instance. You have to set up an Application link between your local JIRA and your remote instance.
The way you configure the Application Link will determine the users which will be used by Elements Copy & Sync to perfom these actions. Here are the possibilities :
- Trusted Apps (no longer used in JIRA 7.2 or higher) : the logged in user (the one who performs the action) will be used.
- OAuth :
- without impersonation : the pre-configured user will be used
- with impersonation : the logged in user will be used.
- Basic authentication (no longer used in JIRA 7.2 or higher) :
- the pre-configured user will be used
If you want Elements Copy & Sync to work correctly, make sure that the user used by Elements Copy & Sync when performing actions has been provided with the appropriate permissions.