You can make several actions with Elements Copy & Sync on your :
- remote JIRA :
- create and link issues
- synchronise issues
- remote Confluence
- create pages
How to do it
Before you can achieve these actions, you have to configure access to your remote instance. You have to set up an Application link between your local JIRA and your remote instance.
The way you configure it will determine the user which will be used by Elements Copy & Sync to perfom these actions. Here are the possibilities :
- (no longer used in JIRA 7.2 or higher) Trusted Apps : the logged in user (the one who performs the action) will be used.
- OAuth :
- without impersonation : the pre-configured user will be used
- with impersonation : the logged in user will be used.
- (no longer used in JIRA 7.2 or higher) Basic authentication :
- the pre-configured user will be used
If you want Elements Copy & Sync to work correctly, make sure that user used by Elements Copy & Sync when performing actions has been provided with the corresponding permissions.