What is it ?
An Elements Copy & Sync operation is basically a "Create and Link" action.
It can be used to create a JIRA Issue or a Confluence page from an issue, create a link from the source issue to the created issue / page and to inject values of the source issue into the target.
Elements Copy & Sync offers the possibility to execute an operation from a button in the Issue view and/or a new option in the More menu. Operations can also be executed during a transition thanks to the Elements Copy & Sync post-functions.
To access the Operations administration page:
1. Go to the Administration menu > Manage apps > Elements Copy & Sync configuration
2. Click on the Operations tab.
The following page is displayed on your first visit:
As soon as some operations have been configured, they are listed in this tab.
For better readability, operations are grouped by server: the local Jira operations are listed first, then the remote Jira operations, and finally the remote Confluence operations.
For each operation listed on this page, the following information can be easily retrieved:
- Active: indicates whether the operation is active or not. A deactivated operation will not be available for users (i.e. not visible in the issue view screen).
- Name: the name of the operation, as it will be displayed in the Issue.
- Active on: displays the JQL activation condition, if there is one.
- Created link (for local Jira only): displays the type of link that will be created by the operation.
- Link issues (for remote Jira only): shows if issues will be linked by the operation or not.
- Target: gives information about the action of the operation. Different pieces of information can be displayed :
- if the target is a Jira issue, then the issue type and target project will appear if they are configured.
- if the target is a Confluence page, then the page title and space will appear (or an Elements Connect field).
- Mapping: displays the Fields Mapping used by the operation, if there is one.
- Copy: displays what is copied by the operation (attachments, Jira links, Confluence links and comments).
- Visible in: indicates if the action will be visible on the issue view screen (Elements Copy & Sync panel) and/or in the "More" action menu.
- The configuration page of the operation. button leads to the
- You can copy the existing operation by clicking on the button.
- The operation can also be deleted with the button.
Several actions are possible from this tab :