What is it ?
An Elements Copy & Sync operation is basically a Create and Link action.
It can be used to create a JIRA Issue or a Confluence page from an issue, create a link from the source issue to the created issue / page and to inject values of the source issue into the target.
Elements Copy & Sync gives the possibility to add a button in the Issue view and/or a new option in the More menu.
An operation can also be executed during a transition thanks to the Elements Copy & Sync post-functions.
To access the operation administration page:
- Go to the Administration menu > Addons > Elements Copy & Sync
- Click on the Operations tab. The following page is displayed:
- The list of configured operations appears in case, some are already set up:
For better readability operations are grouped by server in this particular order (local Jira operations, any remote Jira operations, any remote confluences operations).
- Several actions are possible at this point :
- The Add button leads to the configuration page of a new operation configuration.
- The Display settings button gives access to general configuration of Elements Copy & Sync.
- You can see the list of configured operations if there is any. You will notice the following information :
- Active: indicates whether the operation is active or not. A deactivated operation will not be available for users (i.e. not visible in the issue view screen).
- Name: label of the operation.
- Active on: displays the activation JQL condition if any
- Created link: for local Jira only, displays the type of link that will be created by the operation.
- Link issues: for remote Jira only, show if issues will be linked by the operation or not.
- Target: gives information about the action of the operation. Different pieces of information can be displayed :
- In case the target is a Jira issue then the issue type and target project will appear in case they are configured.
- In case the target is a Confluence page then the page title and space will appear (or an Elements Connect field).
- Mapping: displays the fields mapping used by the operation if any.
- Copy: displays what is copied by the operation (attachments, Jira links, Confluence links and comments).
- Visible in: indicates if the action will be visible on the issue view screen (Elements Copy & Sync panel) and/or in the More action menu.
- configuration page of the operation. leads to the
- You can copy the existing operation by clicking on the button.
- The operation can also be deleted with the button.