In our Elements Copy & Sync configuration, we are going to set a Confluence field mapping that will use our previously created page as template for every single new Confluence pages. Make sure the application link between your JIRA and Confluence is correctly set.
The Confluence mapping configuration goes as follows:
- Page title
- Source: select free text so that the title of the new page can be customised
- Content: here we chose to insert two of our fields into the title of our page, the key and summary. We use Velocity variables again to achieve this goal.
- Page content
- Source: since all of our new pages will be based on our template, we select 'From page'
- Space and page: select the corresponding space and page that will be used as template
- Variables: we previously embedded our Velocity variables in the Status macros, so here select 'Status macro'
- Attachments: choose to copy attachments from the JIRA issue to the new Confluence page. Any image or file that is included in the description will be attach to the new page (only if we chose to include the description in our template, which is what we did in this example)
- Labels: Elements Copy & Sync gives the ability to copy field values inside the target page labels. Here we chose to paste Components, Status and all Labels that are already set to the existing JIRA user story
The field mapping is now ready to be used in an operation.