The Field mappings are where we define which field of the source issue will be injected in issues created with Elements Copy & Sync.
Because all our tasks have their own unique specificity (such as the summary), we'll have to create one field mapping per Elements Copy & Sync operation.
Let's take the example of "Order a Salesforce account task." In this operation we want to set the following fields:
- Assignee: In our case, our IT manager
- Summary: Name of the task + summary of the original issue (the employee's name)
- Employee role: More information about the new employee (as a reference for the person in charge of the tasks)
- Business unit: The location, which might have an impact on the tasks
- Arrival date: Allowing our IT manager to know when he should schedule his tasks
Here is our configuration:
Notice in the usage of the advanced field mapping we mix free text with the summary of the source issue.
You can learn more about field mapping configuration here.