Database datasource configuration
Only the PostgreSQL 8.2 or higher databases are supported. More datasource will be supported soon. Your database is not listed? Please tell us about your use case
When you create your first datasource configuration, you are asked to fill in some information:
- Name (required): name of your database configuration (only visible in Connect administration section)
- Type (required): only PostgreSQL database is supported for now. We will add other types of datasource soon
- Description: A brief description of the database (only visible in Connect administration section)
- Host (required): URL or IP where the datasource is hosted
- Port: connection port
- Login (required): login used to connect to the database
- Password: password used to connect to database
- Database (required): name of the database
- Schema (required): Postgres schema to be connected
- Connection pool size: This property controls the maximum size that the pool is allowed to reach, including both idle and in-use connections. Basically this value will determine the maximum number of actual connections to the database backend.
This value must be between 1 and 5. The default value is 3 (when left empty).
We recommended to create a dedicated database user with readonly permissions that will be used only by Elements Connect.
As it is not the purpose of Elements Connect to modify data, it only reads values, it is safer to limit permissions to the minimum.
Once you have saved your configuration, go back to the previous screen so you can see the list of all datasources you have created:
You can see a table which summarizes your datasources configurations. You can do a few things:
- Edit a datasource by clicking on its name
- Delete a datasource by clicking on delete link. You will be asked for confirmation.
You won't be allowed to delete a datasource if it is used in at least one Connected Item configuration.